Travel Information

International Driving Permit

An IDP translates into many languages the categories of vehicle you are entitled to drive on your UK licence. They are recognised in most European Counties, and having one can be helpful as it can help with the language barriers if you are stopped by the authorities.

Valid for 12 months from the date of issue, it costs around £10
An IDP can be obtained via the AA or at your local post office.

An IDP is to be used in conjunction with your original UK driving licence. You MUST still take your UK driving licence with you. You do not need an IDP if you are travelling to France, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany or Scandinavia.

If you do not have a photocard licence you will need an IDP for Bulgaria, Hungary, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey.

Whilst a UK licence should be recognised in the following countries, it is recommended if you are travelling to Albania, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Spain that you also carry an IDP. You will need an IDP if you are travelling to Serbia or to Turkey for more than 90 days.

Please note this page only covers IDP’s in European countries. Information is correct at the time of publishing (2013), please confirm as required with authorities.


Remember in Europe many countries have different road traffic laws. For country specific information, please see the information at the end of this page.

Your Documents

  1. You must carry your documents with you when you travel in Europe.
  2. A valid full driving licence, with paper counterpart if you have a photo card licence.
  3. An International Driving Permit (when necessary).
  4. The original vehicle registration document.
  5. Your motor insurance certificate.
  6. Your passport.

You must carrying the correct documents this will help to identify you and your vehicle and your rights should you be stopped by the police or local authorities.

EIHC (European International Health Card)

An EIHC is a European International Health Card. And may be used in any EEA Country and Switzerland. It replaces the old E111. Private travel insurance may be a better option as it does only cover basic treatment, and for a few pounds it can often be worth having some peace of mind.

It covers you for free or reduced medical treatment whilst you are a tourist in any of the above countries.

Travelling to other countries, you will need private health insurance Click Here

You can apply online at

An EIHC is valid in the following countries.

Cyprus (but not Northern Cyprus)
Czech Republic
Malta Netherlands

United States of America

International travelers who are seeking to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) are now subject to enhanced security requirements and will be required to pay an administrative fee. All eligible travelers who wish to travel to the U.S. under the Visa Waiver Program must apply for authorization and then pay the fee using the following process at


If you enter Morocco with a motorcycle all details ‘i.e. registration, chassis, engine size make and model’ will have-to be recorded before you enter morocco. If you’re not in possession of the same vehicle when leaving Morocco, you’ll be refused exit and detained. You’ll will also need to provide evidence of adequate motorcycle insurance before entering morocco. You should always carry your personal passport and motorcycle insurance to cover you to ride your motorcycle plus all other motorcycle documents, to apply for temporary import for your Motorcycle, you will need to complete a form called “D16TER” we offer this service for FREE at no cost to you when making a reservation for a tour with us to Morocco

You are allowed to temporarily import a car, 4WD, motorhome or motorcycle into Morocco for up to six months per calendar year. Commercial vehicles are limited to three months.